These wholesome bars take full benefit of that kid-friendly basic mixture—peanut butter and jelly. However seems to be are deceiving, as a result of these scrumptious bars are mild in sugar, wealthy in complete grains, and full of the goodness of complete fruits, enhances of two full pouches of Sprout Natural Berry Grape Smoothies integrated into the combo. These bars are fully vegan, and can be made gluten-free by switching out the entire wheat flour for a gluten-free flour mix. The bars pack in yummy peanut butter, with a selection of creamy berry filling between the layers—all topped off with crunchy peanuts. This wholesome recipe might be a positive winner together with your younger kids.
I really like baking with Sprout Natural Child and Toddler Meals purees, as a result of these healthful kids’s merchandise are made out of actual, natural, complete plant meals, corresponding to fruits, greens, grains, and pulses, which means you may match nutritious complete meals into your youngsters’ (and their dad and mom’) diets! This recipe is comfortable sufficient for younger kids’s palates (you may skip the peanut topping to make it softer). Plus it avoids dairy and eggs for youths with these meals sensitivities. In case your baby is allergic to wheat, this will simply be substituted for a wheat-free flour. Bake up this recipe and pack these bars away in youngsters’ lunchboxes, serve them for after pre-school snacks, and as a wholesome dessert you may be ok with. And for all of these grownups in search of a extra healthful tackle a candy deal with, this recipe is scrumptious and nutritious sufficient for you and the entire household.
#mpprecipe-container-706 .mpp-topright .fl-l
Yields 9 massive bars (or 16 small bars)
var print_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_print_button’);
var save_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_saverecipe_button’);
print_b.onclick = operate();
save_b.onclick = operate();
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Four-ounce pouches Sprout Natural Berry Grape Smoothie (divided)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup natural, pure creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups complete wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (non-obligatory)
- 1 Four.Three-ounce pouch Sprout Natural Strawberry Superblend Banana and Butternut Squash Toddler meals
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine collectively chia seeds with 1 pouch Sprout Natural Berry Grape Smoothie and water and let stand for two minutes.
- Mix in peanut butter and brown sugar and blend till easy
- Combine in flour, baking powder, and salt (non-obligatory) simply till easy.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch sq. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unfold out about two-thirds of the dough on the underside of the baking dish, patting with fingers to distribute it evenly throughout the underside of the dish.
- Unfold the remaining pouch of Sprout Natural Berry Grape Smoothie over the dough evenly.
- Drop items of the remaining dough over the combination.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Place in oven and bake for about 55 minutes, till agency and baked by.
- Permit to chill for about 30 minutes (to set bar), after which slice into bars.
- Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge.
To make this gluten-free, substitute complete wheat flour with a gluten-free flour, corresponding to a gluten-free flour mix or sorghum flour, to make this recipe gluten-free and wheat-free.
Could substitute peanut butter with almond butter and peanuts with almonds.
Vitamin data (massive serving): 238 energy, 11 g whole fats, 2 g saturated fats, zero mg ldl cholesterol, 75 g sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g sugar, eight g protein
This recipe is sponsored by Sprout Natural Meals.