That is the proper means to make use of up leftover cooked quinoa! It additionally makes a fantastic gluten-free different for many who don’t tolerate oats very properly. We’ve served our quinoa porridge with sliced pear however berries, apple or banana would work properly too. Blissful cooking!
Maple, Vanilla and Quinoa Porridge
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or 2 tbsp floor flaxseeds
- ¾ cup milk of selection
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the almond butter
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp heat water
- ½ tsp maple syrup, honey or stevia powder
For the topping
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- ½ pear, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt or Greek yoghurt (non-compulsory)
- Place the cooked quinoa, chia or flaxseeds, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract is an small saucepan and stir to mix. Set it apart for 30 minutes to permit the chia seeds to soak.
- Place the pot on stovetop over a medium warmth. Carry the combination to boil, then scale back the warmth and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Whereas the porridge is cooking, make the almond butter swirl by combining the almond butter, heat water and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk properly to mix and put aside.
- As soon as the quinoa porridge is cooked, prime with the almond butter, chopped almonds, sliced pear and yoghurt, if utilizing.
To make use of uncooked quinoa, merely rinse, add ½ cup further milk and cook dinner the porridge for 10-12 minutes.
Alternatively you may substitute the quinoa with ½ cup rolled oats.
Yow will discover lots extra scrumptious, fast and simple dinner concepts within the JSHealth App. You may obtain the app on iTunes for lower than $three every week and we additionally provide a free 7-day trial.