I like making plant-based dip or “cream” to function a aspect for savory dishes, like veggie “meat” balls, veggie-burgers, nut loaf, lentil patties, veggie platters, and crackers. This almond sage cranberry crema is especially good for the autumn, winter, and vacation season. You can also make it up in mere seconds, too!
#mpprecipe-container-690 .mpp-topright .fl-l
Yields eight servings
var print_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_print_button’);
var save_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_saverecipe_button’);
print_b.onclick = perform();
save_b.onclick = perform();
- 1 cup peeled, slivered almonds
- 1/three cup plain, unsweetened plant-based milk (i.e., soy, almond)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- ½ teaspoon floor sage
- Sea salt (to style, non-compulsory)
- 1 tablespoon recent, chopped sage leaves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Soak almonds in water for two hours (or in a single day).
- Drain water, discard, and place soaked almonds within the container of a blender or meals processor.
- Add plant-based milk, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and floor sage and course of to make a thick, creamy dip.
- Switch crema to a dish and stir in recent sage, cranberries, and salt if desired. Might garnish with extra freshly floor black pepper and recent sage.
- Makes 1 ¼ cups (about eight 2-1/2 tablespoon servings).