Word: Sharon Palmer is a diet ambassador for Unilever.
Is there something extra festive than these cheery, plant-based bell peppers, full of a hearty, zesty filling of black beans, quinoa, corn, and tomatoes, and topped with avocado slices and creamy vegan ranch dressing made with Fabanaise? These feisty peppers are a meal in a single—and one in every of my favourite dinners for simple weeknights or weekend dinner events. You need to use any kind of vegetable appropriate for stuffing for this recipe, too, resembling spherical summer season squash, acorn or butternut squashes, massive tomatoes, and small eggplants.
I’m an enormous fan of Sir Kensington’s condiment line, with merchandise like their fabulous vine-ripened tomato ketchup (with no excessive fructose corn syrup), pure flavor-packed mustards, and, in fact, Fabanaise, a creamy vegan mayonnaise made with sunflower oil and the magic of aquafaba (bean liquid). Fabanaise is available in basic, chipotle, and avocado oil. I like to make use of Fabanaise in salads, burgers, sandwiches, and even baking.
#mpprecipe-container-679 .mpp-topright .fl-l
Yields eight servings
var print_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_print_button’);
var save_b = doc.getElementById(‘mpp_saverecipe_button’);
print_b.onclick = perform();
save_b.onclick = perform();
- ½ cup quinoa, raw
- 1 half of cups vegetable broth
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- four inexperienced onions, diced
- 1 massive tomato, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup delicate or medium salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup Fabanaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 1/three cup plain, unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- three tablespoons assorted freshly chopped herbs (i.e., dill, basil, oregano, chives, parsley, cilantro, tarragon)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch salt (non-obligatory)
- four massive bell peppers (crimson, orange, yellow, inexperienced, or purple)
- 1 avocado, sliced into eight slices
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Rinse quinoa and place in a small pot with broth, cowl, and simmer for about 12-15 minutes, till simply tender. Drain any leftover broth.
- Whereas quinoa is cooking, mix black beans, corn, inexperienced onions, tomato, jalapeno, garlic, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, salsa, and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add cooked quinoa, and blend properly.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put together bell peppers by slicing them in half vertically to create two shells per pepper (eight whole). Fill every pepper with filling.
- Place uncovered within the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, till peppers are simply tender, however nonetheless agency.
- Whereas peppers are baking, make Vegan Ranch Dressing: Combine all Vegan Ranch components in a small bowl till clean.
- Take away peppers from oven and high every stuffed pepper with 1 slice avocado, 2 tablespoons vegan ranch dressing, and 1 teaspoon of contemporary cilantro. Serve instantly.
Diet Info per Serving: 281 energy, 16 g whole fats, 1.5 g saturated fats, 531 mg sodium, zero mg ldl cholesterol, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, four g sugar, 7.5 g protein
The put up Southwest Stuffed Bell Peppers with Black Beans and Quinoa (Vegan, Gluten-Free) appeared first on Sharon Palmer.