Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Tacos — A plant-based recipe made with grilled portobello mushrooms and onions infused with taste from a balsamic and garlic marinade. (gluten-free, vegan possibility)
I acquired a free copy of Sara Haas’ cookbook in change for this put up. I used to be not compensated for my time. All ideas and opinions are my very own.
If you happen to’re not a taco fan, we are able to’t be mates. I’m sorry. That’s a non-negotiable within the necessities of my friendship.
Loyalty. Make one another chuckle. Should like tacos. Lovers of peanut butter and sarcasm strongly most well-liked.
So once I bought the possibility to evaluate fellow RD (and chef!) Sara Haas’ ULTIMATE Taco Cookbook, I completely referred to as shotgun as quick as doable.
Did we simply grow to be greatest mates?
Grilled portobellos are literally one in all my all-time favorites within the summertime, particularly when balsamic is concerned. They provide you that meaty texture, however all that #OneMorePlant goodness! It was onerous to decide on only one recipe to characteristic, however I used to be craving candy and tangy, balsamic-y portobellos. And…goat cheese. No brain-ah.
The factor I like about Sara’s cookbook is that it’s loaded with 100+ (!!) recipes, from hen and lamb, to kid-friendly and even dessert tacos! Even should you don’t assume you want tacos (and also you’re making an attempt to take our relationship to good friend standing), I assure you’d discover one thing you want.
Right here’s how I made this recipe work for me!
- Since I don’t have a grill, I took a shortcut and purchased the pre-sliced portobello mushrooms.
- After the the veggies had been cooked, I added the remaining marinade, and cooked it till it thickened and evaporated for much more taste.
- I couldn’t discover arugula, so I used a mixture of greens as an alternative.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Eight ounces portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium pink onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- four cups child arugula
- For tacos:
- Eight (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place marinade elements in a gallon-sized resealable bag.
- Add mushrooms and onion, resealable, and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for at the least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high warmth.
- Take away greens from marinade, and add to preheated grill or pan.
- Cook dinner for 6-Eight minutes, or till softened, and take away from warmth.
- In a big bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard.
- Add arugula, and toss to coat.
- Fill tortillas with mushroom combination, and prime with arugula, and goat cheese.
AD: These #Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Tacos are a must-make to your subsequent #TacoTuesday!…
Click on To Tweet
Pin this recipe for later!
On the lookout for much more taco inspo?
You may additionally like:
Make it an incredible day!
What’s your favourite type of taco?
Corn or flour tortillas?
© 2010 Sinful Diet I Emily Cooper