Cauliflower is a superb addition to soups as a result of it’s nutritious, crammed with fibre and offers a beautiful creamy texture. Serve it in small bowls as a lightweight starter, or plate up an even bigger portion for a healthful lunch or dinner.
Creamy Cauliflower, Hazelnut & Sage Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 leek or brown onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- salt, to style
- 1 L vegetable inventory
- 1 giant head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup hazelnuts nuts, roughly chopped, plus some for topping
- handful of sage leaves
- black pepper, to style
- Soften the coconut oil or olive oil in a big saucepan over medium warmth.
- Add the leeks or brown onion and a pinch of salt and cook dinner gently for eight–10 minutes, or till they’ve softened and turned golden.
- Add the inventory and cauliflower. Deliver to the boil, then cut back warmth to simmer, cowl for 20 minutes or till the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the hazelnuts, then mix with a stick blender till clean and creamy. Season to style with extra salt and pepper.
- In a small frying pan, add 1 tsp coconut oil after which gently place the sage leaves into the pan. Fry both sides till crispy. As soon as crispy. Put aside and permit to chill.
- Serve the soup between bowls and prime with the crispy sage and chopped hazelnuts. Get pleasure from!
After I was dwelling in L.A. I found Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and as quickly as I tasted it, I knew it was my favorite model. I’m so excited that their merchandise have arrived in Australia. As a nutritionist, it’s so essential that the elements I put into my recipes are nutritionally balanced, healthful and match into the JSHealth philosophy.